FIGHT FOR AIR STAIR CLIMB - THIS SATURDAY, MARCH 26TH
If you haven’t signed up and want to join in on the fun, do so now under Team San Carlos CrossFit. Or if you want to donate to American Lung Association in California and support your fellow gym mates go to DONATE HERE
Here are all the details you need, in order to prepare yourself for the climb:
TIGER BLOOD: If you don't have it, paint yourself with it, or drink some before breakfast.
CARPOOL: If you are interested in carpooling we will meet at the box (San Carlos CrossFit) at 7:45am.
CLIMB LOCATION: 555 California Street, San Francisco (between Montgomery and Kearny Streets)
CHECK-IN: Plaza in front of 555 California St.
TEAM SAN CARLOS CROSSFIT HEAT TIME: 9:30am
It is suggested that you wear comfortable clothing, appropriate for working out. Don't forget to display your team pride and spirit. If you own a San Carlos CrossFit shirt, wear it.
If you elect to drive, underground parking will be available at the 555 California building. Entrance to the garage is at Pine St. between Kearny and Montgomery. The Saturday rate is $4 every 20 minutes or $12 maximum. Payment methods accepted are cash, Visa, Master Card and American Express.
Once you arrive at the Plaza for the event, follow these simple steps to prepare for your ascent!
1. Check-in and turn in any donations. If you haven't met your $100 fundraising minimum, you will be asked to provide credit/debit card information to be held until April 23rd.
2. Pick up a climb t-shirt.
3. Pick up a bib and timing chip.
4. Check all gear at Gear Check.
5. Gather with your Team for a Team Photo on the Plaza steps.
6. Warm-up by CrossFit!
7. Listen for Wave-Times and when called, proceed to staging area.
Only the following items will be allowed on your person in the stairwell:
* IPOD or other MP3 style listening device
* Cash or credit card for cash bar on the 52nd floor banquet room
* Car keys
These items will NOT be allowed in the stairwell:
* Any water carrying container like a bottle or Camelpack. There are plenty of rehydration stations in the stairwells to get adequate water. This rule is for your safety and the safety of other climbers. We don't want anyone slipping on a water spill.
* Cameras. No photography is allowed in the stairwell except by our professional photographers.
* Fanny packs, back packs, purses, etc. Please plan to leave personal belongings at home, in your car, or at the gear check station on the Plaza. Items left at gear check will remain on the Plaza until you retrieve them upon your departure after the climb and celebration at the Post-Climb Party. Please note that gear check will close at 1 p.m.
You may send a camera or other personal belongings up to the Post-Climb Party on the 52nd floor with your guest, or after you climb, you can come back down by elevator to the Plaza to retrieve these items from gear check to have with you at the party.
Any other questions, let us know.
- SCCF Staff